Broadcast Engineer for Stadium control rooms, OB Mobile Units, and studio production. Experience working within a variety of television and live broadcast workflows including (but not limited to):
• Grass Valley K-frame switchers, LDX camera chains
• Sony XVS/MVS switchers, HDC and PTZ cameras
• Ikegami, Cannon, Panasonic camera and video systems
• Black Magic ATEM switcher, routers, control panels, cameras, media converters, recorders
• Ross Video Acuity/Carbonite switchers, Xpression graphics, Abekas Mira replay
• Evertz Magnum video router, Dream Catcher replay, MVP mutiviewers
• AJA media converters, frame syncs, digital recorders, openGear frames
• Daktronic LED control, timing systems
• QSC Q-Sys audio/video solutions
• Calrec Artemis, Yamaha QL1 and other audio consoles
• RTS, Clear Comm, and Reidel communication system configurations
Knowledgeable of various video IP based workflows, fiber optic maintenance, SMPTE standards, LED wall configurations/maintenance, IP based Dante audio systems, wireless RF and microwave frequency coordinations, patch room campus integration, and other broadcast related system integrations.
Broadcast Engineer — Van Wagner Sports and Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) 1/2019 - present
• Broadcast support for various stadiums and venues around Los Angeles
• Venues include: LAFC's Banc of CA Stadium, USC Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, and SoFi Stadium.
• Responsibilities include: Control Room Engineering, A/V technician, IPTV management, LED Board technician
Broadcast Engineer — AEG/Staples Center & LA Live (Downtown LA) 11/2016 - present
• Broadcast support for LA Live campus including Staples Center and Microsoft Theater.
• Set up press monitors and cameras used during NBA and NHL games.
• Troubleshoot broadcast related issues around the campus.
• Control Room Engineering
• Working in the patch bay to understand campus connectivity and systems integrations.
EIC — Insomniac Events (Los Angeles, CA) 2020
• Designed and implemented multi-cam studio for 24/7 live stream to Twitch and Youtube
• Managed studio workflow from studio engineering and content creation to simulcasted linear playback on channel.
West Coast Operations Manager — Clark Media (Castaic, CA)6/2018 - 3/2019
• Inventory management for warehouse and 53’ 4K production trailer
• Assist in configuring 53’ 4K production trailer
• Prep packages for dry hire equipment and fly pack rentals
• East/West coast communications
• Shipping coordinator
• Quality Control
QC Shop Tech/Sales Assistant — Bexel (Burbank, CA) 6/2016 - 6/2017
• Assisted costumers in TSS warehouse store front.
• Managed Bexel's eBay account.
• Consignment equipment inventory management.
• Assisted with organization of TSS department's asset liquidation auctions hosted by Bexel, The Vitec Group, and JosephFinn.
• Pulled equipment for packages.
• Quality control for broadcast equipment.
• Assisted with initial in shop builds with clients.
• General equipment maintenance and organization around the warehouse.
Audio Shop Tech — Clair Broadcast (Los Angeles, CA) 2014 - 2016
• Pulled audio equipment for packages.
• Assisted with initial in shop builds for productions.
• Transferred inventory from one warehouse to a new warehouse.
• Handled check in for returning packages.
• Quality control for all audio equipment.
Audio Mixer/Boom Op —This Just In (sitcom) — Associated Television International — 5/2016
Audio Mixer/Boom Op — The Online Date (short film) Directed by Jimmy Matlosz — 3/2016
PA — USC Ostrow Dentist School Promotional — C-2K Production — 2/2016
Sound Mixer — Sweeney House Documentary — Nepotism Film — 2/2016
Audio Utility — Jason Bourne 5 — Director Paul Greengrass — Universal Pictures — 1/2016
• Ran audio cables and placed antennas when needed.
• Helped to set up the audio department's mixing cart.
• Coordinated audio with video village.
• Made sure timecode was synced between cameras and audio equipment.
• Generally made sure all audio department equipment was in proper working order and always ready to begin shooting.
Tech Assist — The Real World season 31 — MTV — Bunim-Murray Productions — 9/2015 - 1/2016
• Technical and artistic help during house build, shoot, and strike.
• Set up of surveillance system, control room, and tech room systems.
• Recorded surveillance footage to Sony PDW-F1600 recording decks.
• Rigged transportation lighting.
• Digital media management.
• General troubleshooting of equipment.
• Mixer (Sound device 664).
• Camera Op (Sony PDW-F800).
Audio Utility — Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge 3 — CMT — 51 Minds Entertainment — 6/2015 - 8/2015
• Established frequency allocations for mics.
• Mic-ed talent and placed plant mics.
• Set up wireless Comtek system comms system.
• Placed various antennas when needed.
• Took care of other such tasks to ensure the audio department was always ready to go.
Audio Utility — Freakout — ABC Family — 495 Productions — 7/2014 - 12/2014
• Mic-ed talent and placed plant mics.
• Set up and break down the audio department's control station when moving locations.
• Generally made sure all audio gear was in proper working order.
Technical Engineer — Horde Theatre Group (Los Angeles, CA) 2012 - 2015
• Developed and executed any elements sound, lighting, and set design for the productions that were required for the company’s performances.
Lafayette College (Easton, PA) 2011-2015 — B.A. Film and Media Studies/Theatre Minor
Campbell Hall High School (Studio City, CA) 2005-2011